Monday, September 26, 2011

Angel Fluff Brownies.... That aren't fluffy?

I debated a long time before I decided to post this recipe. Basically, it didn't come out well at all. In fact, these brownies tasted pretty awful. Finally, I decided that I already post enough of my screw ups, why not post this one as well?

I really want to know if this recipe comes out better for someone else. I mean, just from the title these sound so good. I expected big chocolately pillows of goodness but I got bland, textureless bricks of sad.
Ingredients:
1 small package of instant chocolate pudding mix
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs (I used the equivalent in egg substitute. Could this be my mistake?)
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
Powdered sugar
Begin by toasting the walnuts. Spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at about 350 degrees for about five minutes or until darkened.
  Stir together first 8 ingredients in a mixing bowl until well blended. This batter is really, really thick so get those muscles ready.
Spoon batter into a lightly greased 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until edges pull away from edge of pan. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Look how sad these little squares look.
As you can see, these really didn't rise at all. If anything should make a person blissful, it's a brownie. These were just major disappointment.

Please tell me if you have better luck! I'm dying to know how these brownies are supposed to taste.

Good luck,
Rosie

Recipe Source: Southern Living Annual Recipes 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment