Sunday, February 19, 2012

Martha Stewart's Chocolate-Pistachio Biscotti

I've never been a huge biscotti fan. I have only ever had that prepackaged kind you get from Starbucks and honestly, I just thought it tasted like cardboard. However, my dad bought me the Martha Stewart Cookies cookbook for Christmas and it has several different biscotti recipes so I decided to give biscotti a second chance.

Boy, am I glad that I did. This biscotti is like no biscotti I've ever tried. It's nice and crisp around the edges, but the center is still a bit soft and gooey. It's like a cookie and a brownie got together and had a baby. It's delicious.
What you need:

6 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup shelled pistachios, unsalted and not roasted
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
 In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat until well combined, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
Add flour mixture and stir to form a stiff dough. Stir in pistachios and chocolate chips.
Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet. Form into slightly flattened log, about 12 by 4 inches. Bake until slightly firm, about 25 minutes. Cool about 5 minutes. Reduce oven to 300.
On a cutting board, using a sharp serrated knife, cut biscotti diagonally into 1 inch thick slices. Arrange biscotti, cut sides down, on baking sheet and bake until crisp but still slightly soft in the center, about 8 minutes.
This biscotti was soooo good. My family ate it with coffee, milk and even ice cream!

Good luck and happy baking!
Rosie

Source: Martha Stewart Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment