Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sinfully Delicious Nutella Stuffed French Toast

If there's one thing my best friend and I share a love for, it's Nutella. That's why, when I suggested that April be a Nutella themed month for my blog, she heartily agreed to join me in my baking adventure. Our first project? Nutella stuffed french toast.
Of course, we decided that no Nutella party would be acceptable without proper girly day materials. So when we went grocery shopping for, y'know, basics like Nutella and bread, we might have come home with more than expected...
Don't worry. We put it all to good use.

What you need for the french toast (for two)
4 slices Texas toast (don't skimp on this and use regular bread; it won't be nearly as good!)
3 eggs
1/4-1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1-2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Nutella
Bananas and/or strawberries
Cool whip
Smother the Texas toast with Nutella.  Show that bread no mercy and make sure it's drowning in Nutella by the time you're done with it.
Now slice up some fruit. Personally, I just like bananas with mine, but my boyfriend likes his with bananas AND strawberries. Lay the slices evenly on one slice of bread.
Whisk together your eggs, whipping cream, and powdered sugar until well combined. The sugar will make it a little thick.
Smoosh the banana layered slice of toast together with the plain Nutella slice. Carefully dip in the egg mixture. I like to dip it so that the middle doesn't get egg in it (raw egg-yuck!) so I dip one side, flip, and then the other. Place in a warm, lightly greased skillet over medium heat.Watch the toast carefully as it has a tendency to burn quickly. When one side is thoroughly cooked, flip and cook the other side. At this point, the center should be turning into molten, Nutella lava. When done, remove from skillet, top with Cool Whip or syrup and enjoy!
This stuff is heavenly! The center is an ooey gooey river of Nutella and banana. The toast is perfectly sweetened and tender. With the Cool Whip on top, it becomes Nutella heaven.
This was all that was left on my plate when I finished! 

Good luck and happy baking!
Rosie

1 comment: