Sunday, April 29, 2012

End of the Semester Nutella Brownies

It's finals week, y'all! Not that this is good news for me, but it does mean I've got three days left before going back to Texas for the summer. I'm so excited to see my family, my boyfriend and my three little dogs. I've also had a run of amazing luck this week. On Monday, I was promoted to supervisor at my job and on Friday I got the position of prose editor for an on-campus children's lit mag. So to celebrate, let's make semi-homemade Nutella brownies!
Semi-homemade treats are the best treats. These are SO EASY to make and they are just as gooey and delicious as if they were made from scratch.

What you need...

For the brownies:
1 box brownie mix
2 eggs
2 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup Nutella

For the frosting:
1/2 cup Nutella
1 1/2 cups Cool Whip

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 or 9 inch square pan with cooking spray and then line with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs, oil, water and Nutella. Stir until just combined (the batter will be a little lumpy).
 Gently spread batter into your prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out nearly clean. Don't overbake! Let brownies cool completely.
In a small bowl, fold the Cool Whip into the Nutella until blended. If you are like me, you will then eat all of the remaining Cool Whip.

Spread the whipped Nutella topping over the brownies. TRY to leave the brownies in the refrigerator for two hours before cutting. Or, eat some now, refrigerate, and eat some more later!
That is one sexy brownie. The best part about these? They take all of ten minutes to prepare.
I must warn you, these brownies are incredibly rich. Don't overestimate just how much you can eat in one sitting!

Good luck and happy baking,
Rosie

Source: Little Bitty Bakes

No comments:

Post a Comment