Saturday, October 1, 2011

Chocolate Dump Cake

Happy October everyone! Pretty soon, it will be time to make all sorts of spooky goodies. I absolutely can not wait. October is my absolute favorite month of the year and, if it was up to me, Halloween would occur at least ten times a year.

It's been a really busy week here at school. I'm a writing major which means that I have to periodically turn in short stories for review in my creative writing class. I turned my first story of the semester in on Wednesday and, as always, I was a stressed and anxious mess by the time class arrived.

Crafting a story like that takes a lot of time, work and gonads. It's always terrifying to hand in something you lovingly created knowing that week later it could very well be torn to shreds by the class.

So after a stressful week like this, what does a college girl need? Chocolate. Lots of chocolate.
The best recipe for a college student is an easy and cheap recipe. This one totally fits the bill. I found it in one of my many google archeological digs and I must say, it will definitely become a dorm staple.

Ingredients
1 box of chocolate cake mix (I used Betty Crocker's chocolate fudge)
1 small package of instant chocolate pudding
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

That's all...Seriously!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the pudding with the milk, according to package directions. 
Add the cake mix and stir until well combined. This is another super thick batter so be prepared for some sculpted biceps by the time you get done.
Oh yeah, look at that thick chocolatey goodness!
Spread batter into a greased 13x9 baking pan. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and bake for 30 minutes or until the edges pull away from the side.
This cake is sooooo delicious. It's not particularly rich, but I highly suggest pairing it warm with a cold scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. There's nothing like cake and ice cream to cheer up a stressed out college student.

Good luck,
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment