Saturday, October 22, 2011

Incredibly Easy Tombstone Brownies

Midterms are over! Huzzah! That means I can get back to baking and procrastinating.

Halloween is fast approaching and I don't know about you guys, but I love decorating treats for the season. I think I probably inherited that from my mom because when I was young, she made tons of cute Halloween treats for my class. One of those treats were tombstone brownies.
I promise you, this will be one of the easiest things you can make. They're adorable and great for parties.
What you need:
1 brownie mix and ingredients required for it
1 jar chocolate frosting
Approximately a cup of coconut
Green liquid food coloring
1 chocolate bar
White decorating icing
Candy corn, preferably pumpkins

Prepare brownies according to instructions. Line baking pan with foil for easy removal. Once cool, cut into rectangles. Frost. Break chocolate up along lines and use white icing to write "RIP". I found that using a toothpick was easiest. Stick into the corner of the brownie.
Put coconut in a ziploc bag. Use 1 to 2 drops of food coloring and shake the bag until the coconut is well covered. If it needs to be darker, add another drop or two. If it needs to be lighter, add more coconut. Place a pinch of colored coconut next to the chocolate tombstone. Put a piece of candy corn on the coconut.


You're done! What did I say? These are super quick to make. I would have preferred to use pumpkins but SOMEBODY ate all of them before I made these. I won't name names.
Good luck!
Rosie

Source: Lovingly oversimplified from Holiday Food Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment