Sunday, May 27, 2012

Super Yummy Double Chocolate Coconut Cookies

I know I've mentioned how much I love Martha Stewart recipes and how they have yet to let me down. I received her Cookies cookbook for Christmas and I realized that it has been far too long since I last made one of her recipes. So, I decided to bake some double chocolate coconut cookies.
What you need:
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened, Dutch-process cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
2 cups white chocolate chunks
1 3/4 cups sweetened coconut flakes
1 3/4 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
 Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, mix sugars and butter until smooth, about 2 minutes.
 Mix in your eggs, one at a time. Stir in the vanilla.
Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a medium mixing bowl. Gradually mix into the butter mixture on low speed until well combined.
Stir in the coconut, walnuts and white chocolate. Make sure they are distributed throughout the batter evenly.
Using a 1 1/2 ice cream scoop, drop batter on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper about two inches apart. Bake until set, about 10-12 minutes. Let cookies cool on sheets for about 2 minutes and then transfer with the parchment paper to a wire rack. Let cool completely.
These cookies are soooo good. I was worried that the ingredients would be overwhelming, but that wasn't the case at all.
I warn you, this recipe makes a lot of cookies. Try not to eat them all at one time!

Good luck and happy baking!
Rosie

Source: Martha Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment