Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Praline Peach Muffins

I've been obsessed with peach lately. Peach yogurt, peach cupcakes, peach ice cream... You name it and I crave it! So when I started brainstorming over what I should make for Mother's Day, I knew it had to have peach in the name!
I adapted this recipe from a basic peach muffin recipe I found online. I'll post the original but I've tweaked some of the details.

What you need:
1/2 cup (1 stick) plus two tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup peaches, chopped (see below for details)
1 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup brown sugar
Dash of cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a microwave safe bowl, melt two tablespoons of butter. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Place pecans in bowl and stir until thoroughly coated. On a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, spread the pecans in a single layer. Bake for 5 minutes or until brown and toasted.
Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg, sour cream and vanilla and mix well. Combine flour and baking powder, stir into cream mixture until just moistened.
To begin with, I suggest using fresh peaches as this will give the muffins much more flavor. For my muffins, I pureed about 3/4 cup of the peaches and then roughly chopped the remaining 1/4 cup.
Break up the praline pecans so that they're not in giant chunks. Gently fold in the pecans and peaches.
Fill either greased or paper lined muffin tins 3/4 full with batter. Try to even the batter out in the tins as it is thick enough that it forms big lumps if you're not careful. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Good luck and happy baking!
Rosie

Source: Recipe adopted from here

No comments:

Post a Comment