Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday Morning Banana Nut Muffins

I have this constant craving for muffins. It's a bit of a hassle really. They say that muffins are terrible for you but I just can't get enough! My all time FAVORITE muffin is banana nut. So when I had one of those "Omg, I need to make some muffins!" moments, I knew exactly what kind I was going to bake.
What you need:
3 to 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon espresso or strong coffee
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted or raw
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix your butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, espresso and vanilla
Sprinkle the baking soda and the salt over the mixture and stir in. Add the flour, mix until just incorporated. Fold in the walnuts.
Pour mixture into prepared muffin tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on a rack.
Oh my. Those are some sexy muffins.
Butter these babies up and enjoy.

Good luck and happy baking,
Rosie

Source: Simply Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment