Monday, January 9, 2012

Butterscotch Marble Cake and a Few Changes

I hope everyone is having a great New Year! With the changing of the year, I also decided to make some changes to my blog. It's only a few minor things, but I hope to constantly improve this and to make it more interesting to the reader. These changes include:
1. No more ingredient pictures. They're kind of a waste because no one really needs them.
2. I've given up on the Grandma Rose's cookbook. Why? To be honest, I haven't really been a fan of most of the recipes I've tried. It's not really worth making them if I don't like them, right?
3. Finally, I"m going to attempt to integrate some new things through the year. I'm hoping I can wrangle some guest posts and the like.

Now on to the cake!
What you need:

1 package white cake mix
1 package 4 serving instant butterscotch pudding mix
1 cup water
1/4 cup cooking oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup chocolate flavored syrup
2 oz sweet baking chocolate, cut up
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 tablespoon hot water
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 inch fluted tube pan. In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, pudding mix, water, oil and eggs. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping the sides often.
Transfer 1 1/2 cups of batter to another bowl; stir in chocolate flavored syrup.
Pour light batter into the pan. Spoon chocolate batter over top. Using a knife, gently cut through the batters to marble.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes. Remove cake from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
For the icing, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in powdered sugar and hot water. If needed, stir in additional hot water to get to a drizzling consistency.
Yum yum! I simple adore semi-homemade recipes. They're quick and easy and, best of all, delicious! This cake is nice, fluffy treat and is simply splendid with a cup of milk. I hope you enjoy it.

Good luck and happy baking!
Rosie

Source: Better Homes and Gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment