Saturday, December 10, 2011

Amaretto Walnut Brownies

Guys, I'm about to share something with you that is so good, you won't even believe it.

Amaretto walnut brownies.
These brownies may be the richest, most delicious brownies I have ever tasted. They are nice and fudgy and the coffee and amaretto creates a really interesting taste.
What you need:
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
1/2 cup almond liqueur
1 cup butter
8 1 oz unsweetened chocolate squares
5 large eggs
3 1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup Swiss mocha instant coffee mix
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
Soak the chopped walnuts in liqueur for 4-6 hours. Drain, discarding the liqueur.
Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter and chocolate in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
Beat eggs, sugar, and Swiss mocha coffee at medium high speed with an electric mixer for eight minutes. I know that's a weirdly long time but these brownies are so good it's worth it.
Gradually add chocolate mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Gradually add vanilla, flour, and salt, beating until blended.
Stir in walnuts. Pour into a lightly greased, foil lined 13x9 inch pan.
Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and cut into squares.
These brownies were a complete hit with my family. If I would have let them, my boyfriend and my dad would have eaten them as meals. Every time I turned around, they were sneaking one more! If you're looking for something easy to give to relatives or friends for the holiday season, these turn out really nicely and I'm sure anyone would be more than grateful to receive a tin of them.

Good luck and happy baking!
Rosie

Source: Southern Living Annual Recipes 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment